Rehab in Cambridgeshire
Addiction to alcohol or drugs is a disease that damages not just the life of an addict, but also endangers that of their loved ones. And, for every day that an addiction goes untreated, the condition only worsens, with its effects becoming more devastating to the addict’s physical and mental health. However, by getting professional help as soon as possible, you can turn things around and make a full recovery.
If you reside in Huntingdon, St Ives, or any other part of Cambridgeshire, you can easily get the professional help you need from us at Sanctuary Lodge, the addiction specialists you can trust. For many years, our private rehab has helped addicts successfully achieve a full recovery from their addictions. We specialise in helping people addicted to alcohol, illegal drugs, and prescription medication, and we can help you too.
At our private rehab, your treatment will begin with an evaluation of your condition, after which a course of treatment personalised to your unique needs will be provided. Treatment will generally include a medically assisted detox, which will significantly minimise the discomfort of your withdrawal symptoms. This will be followed by rehabilitation, which will make use of a variety of therapies to help you recover psychologically, as well as provide you with the tools to achieve long term sobriety.
Our private rehab will take care of you in a serene and controlled environment, free of the triggers and stressors that typically influence you to abuse drugs. This way, you will not be distracted from your recovery process at any point, and can remain fully focused on retaking control of your life.
We strongly advise that you do not attempt to beat addiction on your own, as this can be dangerous. To get started on the path to addiction recovery the safe and effective way, get in touch with us today.
A Brief Overview of the Services our Rehab Offers
Sanctuary Lodge is a leading addiction treatment centre in the UK that combines cutting-edge facilities and treatment programmes, to help addicts make a full recovery. Our addiction treatment counsellors and specialists are not only highly qualified and experienced, but also compassionate when providing care to patients.
We are located in the heart of Essex, and can be easily accessed from any part of the UK, including Cambridgeshire. We specialise in providing highly effective and personalised care to our patients in the form of detox, rehab, therapy, and aftercare, all in a serene environment.
Some of our services include:
- 24-hour care
- Prescribed medical detoxification
- Drug and alcohol rehabilitation
- Psychiatric assessments
- Dual diagnosis care
- Counselling treatments
- One-to-one and group therapy
- Holistic therapies
- Trauma therapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Aftercare and ongoing therapies
Sanctuary Lodge is located about 35 miles from Cambridgeshire. It is around an hours drive via the A1307 and A1017, going through Cambridge Rd, Linton, and Castle Hedingham. If you like, we can provide a sober transport service to take you, at your convenience, to and from our facility to your home in Fenland, Ramsey, or any other part of Cambridgeshire.
Call us today to begin your addiction treatment.
The Pros and Cons of Private Rehab
Getting your addiction treated in a private rehab is one of the best ways to ensure you get the highest quality treatment. This is because private rehabs are usually staffed by qualified and experienced professionals, and also usually have the necessary facilities and resources to guide an addict towards a full recovery.
Other benefits of getting your addiction treated in a private rehab include:
- Personalised treatment: To make sure your recovery is comprehensive, in a private rehab, you will be provided a course of treatment that has been tailored to match your particular needs. This type of treatment will ensure no aspect of your addiction goes untreated, and that your recovery isn’t in any way stunted.
- Round the clock nursing care: You will be monitored and cared for around the clock by a team of medical professionals. Caring for you in this manner means that any sudden changes in your health or comfort are immediately, and appropriately, responded to.
- Fast admission process: There are no delays in the admission process, which makes it possible for you to get the professional treatment you need as fast as possible.
- Privacy and confidentiality: The public or a third party will not be given access to your communications and records without your express consent. Which means information concerning your addiction and treatment will be completely protected from public knowledge.
- Controlled and conducive environment for recovery: Your recovery process in a private rehab will occur in an environment that’s free of the typical stressors and triggers that will normally cause you to abuse drugs. Also, the environment is made as comfortable as possible, to ensure you can stay relaxed and focused solely on your recovery.
- Aftercare: Necessary support can still be provided after you have been discharged from private rehab through aftercare services. Studies have shown that recovering addicts who participate in aftercare have a higher chance of making a full recovery.
But, on the downside, addiction treatment in a private rehab may cost more than certain individuals can afford. For individuals in Cambridgeshire, who cannot afford addiction treatment in a private rehab, the option of NHS addiction treatment is also available.
How Much Does Rehab Cost in Cambridgeshire?
The cost quoted to you in a private rehab will likely differ from that quoted to another individual. This is because addiction treatment typically varies from individual to individual. Cost of addiction treatment will differ based on a number of factors, especially the severity of addiction and type of treatment provided.
Individuals with more severe addictions can expect to pay more for treatment in a private rehab. Also, if you go into inpatient treatment instead of outpatient treatment, you can expect to pay more.
The cost of addiction treatment can be reduced by taking advantage of your health insurance. But this will only work if your health insurance covers addiction treatment, and if the private rehab accepts health insurance (not all of them do).
If the private rehab offers luxury services, there is a higher likelihood that their services will cost more than that of a standard private rehab.
Free/NHS Addiction Treatment Options in Cambridgeshire
For those in Cambridgeshire that are unable to afford the cost of private rehab, the free option of NHS addiction treatment is available. You can easily access NHS addiction treatment options in your local community, regardless of if you reside in Peterborough, Cambridge, or anywhere else in Cambridgeshire.
NHS addiction treatment options are available through a referral from your GP, or through a self-referral in certain circumstances. However, remember that the quality of addiction treatment received through the NHS is often determined solely by the NHS. This means you may not have access to the quality of treatment you desire if you go in this direction.
Also, there’s usually a waiting list for individuals seeking addiction treatment through the NHS, which means you will have to wait your turn before you can get treatment. The length of the waiting list is typically determined by demand for NHS addiction treatment in your part of Cambridgeshire at the time.
NHS addiction treatment options typically include:
- Addiction Counselling: If your GP believes counselling is suitable for your condition, you will likely be referred for sessions with an NHS Counsellor.
- Local Drug and Alcohol Services: You can be referred by your GP to a local drug and alcohol service, where a variety of low intensity therapeutic interventions will be used to help you quit your substance abuse safely.
- Local Mental Health Team: This will give you access to psychiatrists, psychotherapists, or other specialists.
Addiction Support Groups in Cambridgeshire
In various parts of Cambridgeshire, addiction support groups actively provide support to addicts looking to successfully overcome their substance dependence. You can find one within your local community or close by.
- Friends and Family Group offers confidential and informal support to families and carers of substance abusers.
- Carers in Hertfordshire – Drug and Alcohol project provides information and support to families. The group has links with local treatment agencies
- The Living Room offers treatment and counselling to families for a wide variety of addictions
- Focus 12 Family Support Group helps those with a loved one suffering from an active addiction
- CAN offers information and support to those worried about the drug and alcohol use of another
- Adfam Family Group provides group based sessions to families and individuals struggling with the drug or alcohol use of another
- Families 4Recovery is a voluntary self-help group that assists anyone affected by someone else’s alcohol or drug use
- Solve it VSA tackles issues related to solvent abuse
How to Choose a Recovery Programme
An ideal recovery programme will significantly facilitate your healing process, and ensure you make a full and safe recovery from addiction. In order to choose a recovery programme in Cambridgeshire that can deliver the results you desire, you need to take a number of things into consideration.
What counts as the right recovery programme for you will be determined by a number of factors. One of the primary factors to take into consideration is your type of addiction, and what programme is most able to help you beat it. Factors such as the cost of the programme, distance and accessibility of the programme’s location, schedule, and your personal preferences will also help you determine which programme is the most ideal for your needs.
NA meetings in/near Cambridgeshire
There are a number of Narcotics Anonymous meetings held in and around Cambridgeshire on different days of the week. These meeting are meant to help people struggling with drug addiction.
Find a meeting near you:
The Edge Recovery Cafe
351 Mill Road
Wednesdays at 7:00 pm
Just for Today
Huntingdon Community Church Centre
83A High Street
Tuesdays at 7:30 pm
52-54 Market Street
Tuesday at 11:45 am
Just For Today
Bermuda Road Community Room
Mondays at 7:30 pm
The Edge Recovery Cafe
351 Mill Road
Sundays at 1:00 pm
Keys to Recovery
The Free Church URC
Thursdays at 7:30 pm
How It Works
The Severals Pavilion
2-4 Bury Road
Mondays at 7:00 pm
AA meetings in/near Cambridgeshire
There are a number of AA meetings held across Cambridgeshire on a daily basis. Find your nearest one:
Cambridge: Women Tuesday
Common Room, George Pateman Court, Tennison Rd.
Tuesdays at 7.15 pm
Friends Of Royston
Methodist Church, Queens Rd
Sundays at 7.00 pm
Newmarket: Discussion Monday
Newmarket Community Church Exchange, at Unit 11,
Mondays at 1.00 pm
Royston Methodist Church, Queens Road
Wednesdays at 7.30 pm
Newmarket Big Book Study
Brough Scott House, 1 Bill Rickaby Drive.
Wednesdays at 8.00 pm
Cambridge Addenbrooke’s Hospital Monday
Addenbrooke’s Hospital, Hills Rd
Mondays at 7.30 pm
St Ives Recovery
St Ives Free Church, Market Hill
Tuesdays at 7.45 pm
Addiction Counselling in/near Cambridgeshire
Addiction counselling, to help with your recovery, is available throughout Cambridgeshire. Popular options include:
- Sanctuary Lodge, Halstead, UK. Telephone +44 20 3811 7727
- Inclusion, Cambridge, UK. Telephone +44 1223 357812
- Cambridge Counselling Centre, Cambridge, UK. Telephone +44 1223 515454
- The Therapy Room Cambridge, Cambridge, UK. Telephone +44 1223 315400
- Duncan E. Stafford, Cambridge, UK. Telephone +44 1223 504376
Local Government Addiction Resources in Cambridgeshire
Be Well Cambridgeshire is the main online resource provided by the Cambridgeshire County Council for all things substance abuse. You will find local resources, support for your family members and more.
How Can I Get To and From Cambridgeshire?
Cambridgeshire can be easily accessed from various parts of the UK. The county has an effective road network, as well as a user friendly public transport system that consists of buses and trains.
Getting around by Train
From Cambridge, you can take a CrossCountry train to Stansted Airport. From there, you can take a bus from Coach Station (Bay 16) to Braintree Town Centre, where you can then take another bus to Halstead.
Getting around by Car
If heading to Sanctuary Lodge in Halstead from Cambridgeshire by road, you can take either the A1307 and A1017, or the A1017, or the M11 and A120.
The A1307 and A1017 offers the fastest route. To get started, simply get on the King St to Maids Causeway, and take it to the A1307 on through A1017 and A1124 to Halstead where you will find your destination.
Remember that, for your convenience, Sanctuary Lodge offers a sober transport service. This service is available regardless of if you live in South Cambridgeshire, East Cambridgeshire, or any other part of Cambridgeshire, and can transport you to and from your home and our rehab facility, on a schedule that you are most comfortable with.