Individuals with addiction and other psychological issues often compromise the quality of their lives and put considerable strain on their relationships with family, friends and career/schooling.
During their stay at Sanctuary Lodge, patients are fully engaged in a bespoke treatment programme. Sanctuary Lodge also offers a Family Workshop for patient’s family and friends on the last Sunday of every month, to extend the healing process to the whole family.
Sanctuary Lodge understands the dilemma of a hurting loved one, and we are therefore keen to provide a Family Workshop that’s focused on suggestions for developing long term support for the family members.
The aim of the Family Workshop is to:-
- Understand Addiction Treatment
- Encourage authentic and productive communication
- Establish a healthy recovery environment
- Utilise boundaries and consequences
- Learn how addiction, co-dependent behaviours, trauma, mood/personality disorders impact the family system
The primary purpose of the Family Workshop is to develop family recovery tools to successfully enhance recovery and a relational family system.