If you live in West Sussex, and are struggling with a substance addiction, or with the addiction of a loved one, you are not alone. Drug and alcohol addiction have, in recent years, become a widespread problem all across the UK.
Addiction can be explained as the compulsive use of a substance, be it alcohol or drugs, that has spiralled out of control. The longer you live with an addiction, the more dangerous the condition becomes. The danger addiction poses doesn’t just affect the addict, but also affects the addict’s loved ones, and anyone else around the addict.
Another sign of addiction is experiencing withdrawal symptoms. These withdrawal symptoms can be extremely painful when you try to beat an addiction on your own. However, if you visit a rehab for addiction recovery, you can be provided all the care you need to minimise your withdrawal symptoms and ensure your recovery is comprehensive.
Our private rehab, Sanctuary Lodge, has years of experience helping a variety of addicts in the West Sussex area, including those that live in Worthing, Arundel, Selsey, and other parts of West Sussex. You can rely on us to help you achieve a full recovery of your body and mind from addiction, without any complications. This will be accomplished in our private treatment facility, by using medication to ease your withdrawal symptoms, alongside a variety of therapies during rehabilitation, to help you attain long term sobriety.
We also offer aftercare after you are discharged, so you can continue receiving the support and assistance you need to avoid suffering a relapse. Get in touch with us today to start on the path to wellness and being drug free.
A Brief Overview of the Services our Rehab Offers
Sanctuary Lodge is a leading addiction treatment centre in the UK, that combines cutting-edge facilities and treatment programmes to help addicts make a full recovery. Our addiction treatment counsellors and specialists are not only highly qualified and experienced, but also compassionate when providing care to patients.
We are located in the heart of Essex, and can be easily accessed from any part of the UK, including West Sussex. We specialise in providing highly effective and personalised care to our patients, in the form of detox, rehab, therapy, and aftercare, in a serene environment.
Some of our services include:
- Prescribed medical detoxification
- Drug and alcohol rehabilitation
- 24-hour care
- Counselling treatments
- One-on-one and group therapy
- Holistic therapies
- Trauma therapy
- Psychiatric assessments
- Dual diagnosis care
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Aftercare and ongoing therapies
Sanctuary Lodge is located about 120 miles from West Sussex. It is about a two hour drive via the M25 going through Crawley, Dartford, Bishop’s Stortford, and Braintree.
For your convenience, we have a sober transport service available, to take you to and from our facility to your home in Midhurst, Horsham, or any other part of West Sussex. This service guarantees that you can get the care you need from our specialists, without having to ever worry about transportation.
Call us today to begin your addiction treatment.
The Pros and Cons of Private Rehab
Private rehab is the ideal option for recovery among individuals with a severe addiction, and who are experiencing equally severe withdrawal symptoms. To understand more about the benefits of seeking treatment in a private rehab, consider the benefits listed below.
- Personalised treatment. This is a treatment regimen that is personalised to suit your unique condition, and will be provided to ensure you make a safe and comprehensive recovery. Addiction treatment that is tailored to your unique needs will cover all facets of your addiction, and better care for your needs.
- Confidentiality and privacy. Private rehabs keep communications and records of their patients confidential, which means you can worry less during treatment about your substance abuse problem or treatment becoming public knowledge.
- Immediate admission. A private rehab can provide you immediate access to all the professional care you need. This means no waiting lists, and you can get on the path to a full recovery as soon as you are ready.
- Comprehensive treatment. Treatment at a private rehab won’t only care for your addiction and withdrawal symptoms. It will also care for the underlying cause, or causes, of your addiction, and thus eliminate your compulsion to continue abusing substances. This is accomplished by first properly evaluating your condition before prescribing treatment.
- Conducive environment for recovery. Private facilities provide a conducive environment and therapeutic setting for recovery, that’s free of triggers and stressors that normally lead to drug abuse. This gives patients in recovery ample opportunity to stay focused and motivated towards making a full recovery.
- This service will be provided after your discharge from rehab, to provide the continued support and guidance you may need to stay committed to being drug free. Our rehab provides aftercare free for one year after your discharge.
However, private rehabs in West Sussex have the downside of being considered unaffordable by some people. Also, not all private rehabs around West Sussex accept insurance. For those who cannot afford addiction treatment in a private rehab, there are other options available, but they may not be able to get the quality of treatment they desire.
How Much Does Rehab Cost in West Sussex?
Based on a number of factors, the cost of rehab in West Sussex will differ. These factors include the type of rehab you approach for treatment, the severity of your addiction, and type of treatment provided. For instance, people with less severe addictions will likely require treatment for a shorter period of time, and will thus pay less than those with a more severe addiction.
The type of treatment provided is also a factor, because inpatient treatment typically costs more than outpatient treatment. Inpatient treatment will be required if an individual’s addiction and withdrawal symptoms are severe. The cost of rehab can further increase if you opt for luxury or executive inpatient treatment, instead of standard inpatient treatment.
If private rehab is beyond your means, NHS funded addiction treatment is also available in West Sussex.
Free/NHS Addiction Treatment Options in West Sussex
If you live in Crawley, Horsham, or any other part of West Sussex, you have the option of getting addiction treatment through the NHS. This option is completely free, which makes it a viable alternative for individuals who cannot afford treatment in private rehab.
Free NHS addiction treatment options are:
- Local Drug and Alcohol Services. Through a referral from your GP, you can receive a variety of low intensity therapeutic interventions to treat your addiction.
- This includes addiction counselling sessions to help with combatting your addiction.
- Local Mental Health Team. If your GP is of the opinion that you require additional support, you can be referred to the local mental health team, which will give you access to psychiatrists, psychotherapists, and other specialists.
But, on the downside you might not have access to a personal therapist, and you may not be referred to a residential rehab for treatment. You might also have to visit different addiction clinics for different treatments.
Furthermore, accessing and receiving NHS addiction treatment can take a considerable amount of time. This is due to the fact that you will most likely be placed on a waiting list when you apply for treatment. The length of the waiting list will be dependent on the demand for NHS addiction treatment in your area at that specific time.
Simply put, the quality of your addiction treatment when applying through the NHS is completely out of your hands, and determined solely by the NHS. For people who want fast and individualised addiction treatment, the NHS may not be the best option for them.
Addiction Support Groups in West Sussex
Whether you are located in Chichester, Bognor Regis, or anywhere else around West Sussex, you can easily find an addiction support group close by. The right addiction support group can provide therapy and other forms of treatment, to help you achieve long lasting sobriety.
Easily accessible addiction support groups around West Sussex include:
Recovery Lighthouse is located in West Sussex, and is a state of the art drug and alcohol rehab centre. The staff is made up of highly experienced addiction therapists.
Pavilions FACT offers support to people experiencing the effects of someone else’s drug or alcohol problems.
Sussex Cocaine Anonymous is open to anyone in the Sussex area who has problems with alcohol or drug abuse.
CGL. The West Sussex Drug and Alcohol Wellbeing Network operates in Horsham, Crawley, and other parts of West Sussex, providing one-to-one and group support to assist addicts.
Carers Support West Sussex: Worthing provides support to families affected by the the alcohol or drug abuse of someone else.
The Oasis Project offers support to families, friends, and carers of substance abusers.
How to Choose a Recovery Programme
It is best to select a recovery programme within close proximity and which is easily accessible. But, there are other factors to take into consideration, in order to find the most ideal programme that’s capable of helping you achieve a full recovery from addiction. Such as:
- Can you afford the treatment programme?
- Does the treatment facility have experience in helping people with your unique type of addiction?
- Would you prefer a recovery programme close to home or further away?
- Would you prefer an inpatient or outpatient setting?
- Would you prefer to continue working while receiving treatment?
Also, be sure to consult your doctor so you can get professional insight concerning your options.
NA meetings in/near West Sussex
Narcotics Anonymous (NA) is a counselling and support group that encourages drug addicts to strive for long term sobriety. Attending NA meetings is usually very beneficial to the recovery process. Some NA meetings around West Sussex include:
Quaker Meeting House
Worthing Road, Horsham, Sussex
Thursdays at 8:00 pm
108 London Road
Bognor Regis, Sussex
Sundays at 6:00 pm
Crawley Hospital, West Green Drive, Crawley, Sussex
Mondays at 7:45 pm
Room 2 – Post Graduate Centre
Crawley Hospital, West Green Drive, Crawley, Surrey
Fridays at 8:00 pm
The Shoreham Centre
2 Pond Road, Shoreham-by-Sea, West Sussex
Tuesdays at 5:45 pm
108 London Road
Bognor Regis, Sussex
Tuesdays at 8:00 pm
St.Wilfrids Centenary Hall
St Wilfrids Way, Church Road, Haywards Heath, West Sussex
Wednesdays at 7.15pm
AA meetings in/near West Sussex
There are also a number of AA meetings around West Sussex that you can use to your advantage. Some popular ones include:
Methodist Centre, High St
Time: Fridays at 7.30 pm
Pulborough Cootham Big Book Study
Cootham Village Hall, Chapel Lane, Cootham
Time: Sundays at 5.30 pm
Pulborough Community Centre, Swan View.
Time: Tuesdays at 8.00 pm
The Village Hall, School Lane
Time: Wednesdays at 7.00 pm
The Guide Hall, Penhill Rd, (South St end – opp Empire Club)
Time: Thursdays at 7.45 pm
The Old School House, Ham Road
Time: Wednesdays at 1.00 pm
Worthing Durrington Primary Purpose
Coffee Shop, St Symphorian’s Church, Durrington Hill
Time: Mondays at 7.30 pm
The Methodist Church, London Road, Horsham
Time: Thursdays at 11.00 am
St Peter’s Church House, Church Lane
Time: Sundays at 5.00 pm
Southwater Big Book Study
Southwater Village Hall, Church Lane
Time: Mondays at 8.30 pm
Addiction Counselling in/near West Sussex
Regardless of if you live in Worthing, Arun, Chichester, or any other part of West Sussex, there are a number of close by addiction support groups you can visit for treatment. Some popular addiction support groups in the area include:
- Sanctuary Lodge, Halstead, UK. Telephone +44 20 3811 7727
- Eleos Counselling, Crawley, UK. Telephone +44 1293 882210
- Recovery Lighthouse, Worthing, UK. Telephone +44 20 3151 1914
- West Sussex Psychotherapy & Counselling, Horsham, UK. +44 7526 388631
- Being Centre, Horsham, UK. Telephone +44 1403 790855
- C G L Change Grow Live, Bognor Regis, UK. Telephone +44 1243 830195
Local Government Addiction Resources in West Sussex
West Sussex County Council provides support to people in the area suffering from substance abuse. There’s also support for individuals trying to cope with the substance abuse of their loved ones. The county provides a directory of information that gives people in West Sussex the information they need when seeking professional help within their local opportunity, to assist with addiction issues.
How Can I Get To and From West Sussex?
The road network within and around West Sussex is convenient and easy to use. This makes getting to and from NA or AA meetings convenient. There are also public transportation options available within the area for those who prefer not to drive.
Getting around by car
To get to Halstead from West Sussex, you can either take the M25, or the M23 and M25. The M25 offers the fastest route.
To begin the journey via the M25, simply take the A24, A272 and A23 to M23. Then proceed on the M23 and take the M25 and M11 to A120 in Essex. Take the A120(E) exit from M11 and follow A120 and A131 to your destination in Halstead.
Getting around by train
The Southern Railway network extensively covers West Sussex, and provides an easy journey from Brighton or London Victoria. At Pulborough, you can take a train to Redhill then Bedford, where you can find a bus to Halstead.
Remember that for your convenience, Sanctuary Lodge offers a sober transport service which provides transportation from your home to our rehab facility on a schedule that you are comfortable with.